Tuesday, March 6, 2007

What do you miss?

On my daughter's blog she listed things she misses about Minnesota and things she doesn't. That got me to thinking...
With all the changes in my life from last year to this ... what do I miss and what don't I miss.
Here's my list:
I miss-
  • having Craig home every night
  • having the kids stop home often (we're farther away so they don't come home as much)
  • our trees
  • the stained glass window in the livingroom
  • the big dining room, and the fireplace
  • living on a farm
  • Maple Grove Covenant Church

Things I don't miss:

  • the box elder bugs and japanese beetles
  • the musty smell in the house
  • the house always feeling cold
  • the muddy driveway
  • walking in from the garage every night
  • the mice
  • not having a familyroom
  • worrying about the septic system
  • worrying about making house payments
  • raking leaves, all that grass to cut
  • having to take the garbage out behind the shed
  • having only one shower
  • small closets
  • having to work in the lunchroom and go out for recess at school
  • working two jobs

My daughter said today that she is going to try to live in the moment - I think that's a very good idea.

No comments: