Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Take the Good News With the Bad

After work on Tuesday I stopped to pick up our taxes from the accountant. When I walked in the door at home Craig took one look at me and said, "What's wrong?' and I started crying. According to the accountant we owe several thousand dollars in taxes. That was the bad.
So Craig and I sat down and started looking things over. We made a list of questions for the accountant, and Craig planned to call the next morning.
Then Craig said, "Do you want some good news?" (Of course!!!)
He had found out that Lonnie is going to do the repairs without charge. He took the head in to be tested for cracks. The company tested it without charge, and there weren't any cracks. It appears that the damage was minimal. Lonnie thinks the truck might be back inoperation by Friday. Then Craig called Autumn and the trailer he had loaded is still at the truck stop. They were hoping that he would be able to deliver that load. They have been concerned about him. So we won't have to pay to have someone else pick up the trailer. Finally, they offered to give us an advance to help cover the weeks Craig hasn't been working.
God is good - all the time! I just need to take my eyes off the problems and look at Him.

1 comment:

Stephanie Balvin said...

I get tears thinking about how God is watching and caring for you! He IS good, and He WILL continue to walk you through it! It's so much easier for me to say that, than to believe it and live it. We are still praying for you.