Wednesday, August 8, 2007

How Time Flies

I've been back at work for a week now. The days seem to fly by, whether I'm on vacation or working. I thought that once my kids were gone, with their busy schedules, that my life would slow down a bit. But that just hasn't happened. That's okay, though. I think I take more time now to enjoy things.
It has been hard to get back into blogging. I just can't seem to make myself sit down and put my thoughts into words. It may have something to do with the weather. I'd rather be outside in the evenings, puttering around the yard. I've also noticed that I'm really tired when I get home from work. It takes and hour or two to get a second wind. Hopefully that will get better as I get used to working again!
My daughter is coming home in 129 hours! Actually, in about 5 days. I can't wait to see her, and to hear about all of here experiences in Los Angeles, how God has spoken to her and changed her, and I can't wait to have her in Minnesota again. Out of the last 15 months she has only been in Minnesota for about 5 weeks. She has only lived at home for about 6 weeks in the last two years. So I am really glad she is going to be living at home for a while. I remember how she planned for this last year, to go to Guatemala for spring term, come home for a week, and then spend the summer in LA. It's hard to believe she's done it all and is coming home. How time flies!
Finally, my youngest grandson turns 1 on August 28. Where has this year gone? He is growing up way too fast. He's been walking for a month already, and is quite the little man. Of course he has an older brother and sister to keep up with, and they have really grown in this last year too. this reminds me of an old song - Turn Around:
Where have they gone
My little ones, little ones
Where have they gone
My babies, my own
Turn around and they’re young
Turn around and they’re old
Turn around and they’re gone
And we’ve no one to hold

1 comment:

Maxine said...

Hello Kris!
Sorry I've been neglecting my bloggy friends. That old song is so true! My one and only granddaughter is turning one on Sept. 4th. I can't believe this year has gone by so fast.
So happy for you that your daughter is returning home!! Enjoy and God's blessings to you all.