Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Let It Rain

It has been so good to have rain this last week. I have not had to move hoses, or get up at 5:00 a.m. to turn on the water. My grass is green, my garden is growing. The rain has even cooled things off it little bit. So for me, the rain has been a good thing.
I read this afternoon, however, about the flooding in southern Minnesota. I am sure that the people who are trying to clean up after the weekend floods, those who have lost their homes, those who have lost loved ones, would not agree with me. I can not imagine what it would be like to have my house flooded. When we lived on the farm our basement would be wet every spring. I would have to pump out water - but that was only 2-4 four inches. Some of the people in southern Minnesota have 4 feet of water, and some have no home anymore. The water simply caved in the walls, or washed away the trailer they called home. At least 13 people have lost their lives.
While we can not know why God allows things like this to happen, we can be sure to know that He is with us through the storms, through the heartaches, through the rain and mud and losses in our lives.

1 comment:

Maxine said...

So sad. It's so good of you to bring all this to our attention. There are so many needs to pray for, aren't there? Thanks for the reminder,Kris.