Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Wonderful Thanksgiving

Today we celebrated Thanksgiving, and it was a wonderful day! Jeff and Carrie came over about noon, and Aaron and Graham came about 2:00. On Tuesday night Craig askede me if we couod have turkey. Thankfully, I hadn't shopped for groceries yet. So I changed the menu. I bought a nine pound turkey, a couple of potatoes and sweet potatoes. We cooked our small turkey in a turkey fryer and I baked the potatoes and sweet potatoes. We added stove top stuffing and corn, and Jeff, Carrie and I had a great lunch.
After Aaron and Graham got here we watched football for a while and then played cribbage. At suppertime Craig's family came over and we had the "football food" Aaron wanted - BBQ meatballs, chicken wings, cheese dip and chips, fruit, etc. One tradition I had to make was pickle wraps - pickles wrapped in cream cheese and corned beef then sliced. I made apple dumplings and pumpkin cheesecake for dessert.
This was a wonderful day. We did a lot of laughing, shared memories, and just enjoyed being together. I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful too!

1 comment:

Stephanie Balvin said...

That sounds like a great day, I am sorry that we missed it!