Wednesday, March 12, 2008

An Ending and a New Beginning

Last night the school board for the district I work for decided to close two schools and repurpose four as part of budget reductions. The school where I work is one that will be repurposed. For my school it means that we basically close our program and a new program moves in. It is a very sad day here. We have a staff who act like family, and parents and students who love their school. For me it means that I will most likely not be an elementary school secretary any more.
I have worked here for 13 years, first as a para and then as secretary. It has long been my dream to be the secretary - and so I have lived my dream for the last 2+ years.

I have to tell you, however, that in the midst of my sadness, God has placed a seed of hope in my heart. I feel like God is preparing to bring a new adventure to my life. In earlier blogs I have written about choosing joy. And so this morning I am again choosing joy. I am choosing to look ahead expectantly to see what He has planned for me. (Carrie- does this mean I am a Calvinist?)

On Sunday in church we sang the chorus, "God is good - all the time." That song has stayed with me all week - and today, in the midst of sorrow, I can say, "God is good - all the time." I will keep writing about this journey through sadness into a new day, a new adventure. I can't wait to see what it will be!

3 comments:

Miss Carrie said...

haha :)

Well, if God has already planned and ordained it for you, then yes.

If God simply just "knows" without having "planned," then no.

If God is excited to see what you choose as well, then you are me! haha

Stephanie Balvin said...

Kris, sorry to hear about this. I just started reading a good book Titled, Quiet Strength. It's the book about Tony Dungy, but it has so many applicable thought for any Christian. Also, did you ever read, In the Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day- I am in the middle of that one too- it's really good!
I am excited to see where God will lead you. Please let us know if we can ever help!

Maxine said...

God bless your future, Kris. If you do indeed believe, as the Bible teaches, that God knows all things and in fact ordains it all, then you are indeed a Calvinist. And so am I. You sure can trust Him to take care of all that's ahead for you. Hope He continues to help you through these sad days. I know your memories of these thirteen years will be sweet.