Monday, March 3, 2008

My Birthday Surprise

Yesterday when we came home from church I was surprised to see our driveway full of cars. When I went in the door my whole family was there to wish me a happy birthday. I was blown away! There were helium balloons, sandwiches, chips, fruit and cake. My wonderful husband had organized the whole thing - and no one slipped up to spoil the surprise. Some highlights:
  • My daughter, Carrie, organized the meal, decorated the diningroom and even did the dishes!
  • My sister-in-law, Lynn, brought a yummy choclate cake that had bavarian creme in the middle.
  • My oldest son, Brenton, and his family drove up from Northfield even though he had to be back at work by 3:00 pm.
  • My middle son, Aaron, came even though he had only gotten 4 hours of sleep.
  • I loved watching my youngest grandson, who is 18 months old, pretend to be a puppy.
  • Other special guests- my youngest son, Jeff, and his roommate, Graham; My mother-in-law Marcy; My brother-in-law, Rick; Rick and Lynn's grandson, Blake.
  • Izzy, my granddaughter, helped me open gifts.
  • Blake and Jacob (my oldest grandson) had a great time playing together.

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family!

2 comments:

Maxine said...

Oh, how nice! Belated happy birthday!

Miss Carrie said...

We are blessed by a wonderful mom, grandma, wife, daughter and sister-in-law...and all the other roles you play!