Friday, May 16, 2008

Job Update

It's official - as of June 13 I will be without a job. I was offered bumping rights to bump a secretary in the class below mine or I could go on the recall list. The job they offered for me to bump into has lower pay, fewer days of work per year, and fewer responsibilities. It was in a secondary special ed program. I chose to go on the recall list for a couple of reasons:
  1. I prefer to work with elementary students and families
  2. I did not want to take the step backwards professionally
  3. and most importantly, I did not want to bump the other secretary out of her job when I knew that I didn't want the job and as soon as something else came along I would be leaving.

So, I will be looking outside the school district for a job this summer, and will be waiting to see if the district calls me back to an open position. God has given me incredible peace about this decision - although I am so very sad at leaving my school and all the friends I have made here. I know that He has a plan for me. I am going to continue to seek Him and ask Him for a job that's right for me. Right now I hope that that job is as secretary in an elementary building, but who knows - maybe there's a job that will be even better than this.

No comments: