Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Live Today

In my previous post I mentioned a book called Aurora, a book about the Aouroa Colony and about quilts. I found this great quote in the book:

Don't waste life in doubts and fears; spend yourself on the work before you, well assured that the right performance of this hour's duties will be the best preparation for the hours and ages that will follow it.
---by Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Bible also talks a lot about not worrying or being afraid. Moses told Joshua many times to be strong and courageous. In the sermon on the mount Jesus commands us, "Do not be anxious for your life..." (Matthes 6:25-34) This quote from Emerson also seems to talk about doing your work well. The Bible tells us to do our work as unto the Lord, and to do our work if we want to live. So I will do my job tomorrow as unto the Lord. I will not worry about the future but trust Him to provide for me.

1 comment:

Maxine said...

Amen. Have a blessed Mother's Day.