Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Projects for Christmas

I've been pretty busy these last two weeks, trying to finish up all my Christmas shopping, gifts, decorating, cards, and the list goes on and on. So blogging had to take a back seat.
But now there's 4 days left until Christmas - and it's time to show you a couple of the gifts I've made.

 For these I used ordinary wooden clothespins, scraps of scrapbooking paper, Mod Podge, E6000 glue, magnets and buttons. I cut the paper and glued it on the clothespin with Mod Podge. After it was dry I added an additional coat of Mod Podge, and let it dry again. Then I glued magnets on the back with E6000, and buttons on the front.
I added the little snowman cards which say "Merry Christmas" on the inside. I also clipped a piece of Giardelli chocolate in the clothespin before giving them to my colleagues.



How do you like these guys? They are made from wine glasses - I think they're the size for drinking Claret. I'm not much of a wine connoisseur so I don't really know.
I saw this idea on Tatertots and Jello.  I used the Deco Art Snow-Tex (bought at Michael's) and some glitter I had on hand for the snow. I already had googly eyes and orange pipe cleaners, and some black and orange buttons, but bought the ribbon at WalMart. I also got the glasses at WalMart. (4 for $5) After I made the first ones I liked them so much that I went back and bought two more sets of glasses and some more buttons.






First I painted the Snow-Tex onto the glasses, sprinkled it with glitter while the snow was still wet, and set them aside to dry.

I used hot glue to add the eyes, nose and mouth. I even hot glued the ribbon - first in back, then I tied the bow and put a dot of hot glue under the bow in front to keep it in place. Finally I added the button on top of the bow. On some others I put a little holly on top of the bow. You could dress them up with whatever you have on hand.

I added a candle inside and wrapped them up to give as gifts.
I just love how they turned out. I might have to keep one for myself!

No comments: