The board had a beveled edge, which I painted a light blue to match the blue in the scrapbook paper I chose to cover it with. We used ModPodge to adhere the paper to the board. I used stickers for the words. My husband drilled the holes for the ribbon.
I found the clothespins at Michael's (they're the "medium" size) and painted them the same blue as the edge. After putting the stickers on I gave the whole thing a couple of coats of clear acrylic spray paint before threading the ribbon and gluing on the clothespins (I used E6000 glue). Now I just have to find a place to hang it up permanently.
Now, for the second project...............................
Carrie and I saw lots of pictures of button monograms on Pinterest and on crafting blogs, so this project was a top priority when she was home.
We printed out our initial in Microsoft WordArt after finding a font we liked. We made it really big. After printing it, we cut it out and traced it lightly onto cardstock. We used E6000 glue to glue on the buttons. We started with a base of buttons, trying to cover the outline completely, then we just kept adding buttons on top until we liked how it looked. This was a fun and easy project, and I just love the layered look.