Wednesday, January 25, 2012

How was your day?

Last night as I was saying my prayers, thanking God for the good day I had yesterday, I stopped to really think about why my day had been good. What I realized, unfortunately, is that too often I base my decision about whether or not it's been a good day on the things that happen to me. Have I had fun? Have I gotten/bought something fun? Was I able to have enough free time for me?

This made me sad. Because if I call myself a Christian, and I do, I should no longer be living for me but for God. So my basis for a good day should be more like this:
Have I pleased God today? Have I been obedient to Him? Have I shared His love with someone else? Have I spent time with Him, praised Him, read His Word? Have I used the talents, gifts, and finances He's given me in a way that pleases Him?

I have decided that this will be a goal for me this year, to reorient my thinking to be less me-centered and more God-centered. I want to make each day a good day because I am living my life for Him and in Him.

Will you join me?

2 comments:

Brenda said...

I agree. One of my favorite scriptures is "This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." It's a constant reminder that whether I have a bad or a good day, I'm instructed to rejoice in this day.
Good thoughts, Kris!
Happy weekend to ya.

kris said...

Thanks for reminding me of that verse, Brenda!