Tuesday, February 28, 2012

cards with embellishments

Here are some cards I worked on last week.


 

I bought the flower in the middle of the square online at www.pickyourplum.com This website has a different deal each day, one item per day.Sometimes it's a craft supply like this flower, and another day it may be a clothing accessory or a decorative piece.

The papers for all my cards are from Stampin' Up. For this card I used their Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder on the white background piece. The word, "friend" is a stamp from a Stampendous set called Happy Messages, and I finished the card off with a yellow raffia bow.



 This card has a flower bottle cap, which I also got at pickyourplum. The saying for the stem is a stamp from a set called Stem Sayings by Stampin Up. I punched a one inch circle which fit inside the bottle cap. I punched the tiny flower in the middle of a second one inch circle, layered the two circles and added around gem in the middle of the flower. The leaves were stamped with a stamp from Watercolor Garden, an older Stampin Up set.













These next two cards use the same basic supplies, just arranges things in different ways.













The "thank you" stamp is from that same Stampendous set - Happy Messages.



The flower in the middle of this card was made with a punch I purchased at Archiver's called Floral Petals - by McGill. It punches out four different size petals all at the same time. I used the smallest size petals, using a stylus to create some shape to the petals before gluing them together and adding a jewel in the middle.

For this last card I used a different embossing folder from Stampin Up - it's the Houndstooth embossing folder. The trees are all on a single stamp. I know it's a very old Stampin' Up stamp but I don't have its exact name. I used some glitter glue to add some "leaves." The "Birthday Wishes" saying is a stamp from the Watercolor Trio Stampin' Up set.






(I really need to get a better camera and a light tent so I can take better pictures!)

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love the cards, what a cool idea of how to use the bottlecaps!