Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Wonderful Mother's Day

Today was a wonderful day -

  • Worshipping at Emily Wesleyan Church.  The congregation recognized the importance of mothers and honored all the moms. Then the focus of the sermon was the hope and joy we have in Jesus:

    "Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13
    What a great reminder and encouragement for the day!
  • Lunch back at home with my husband, Craig - fresh salad, baked sweet potato and grilled chicken.
  • Visited Craig's mom and wished her a happy Mother's Day.
  • Spent the afternoon at the shop with Craig, getting ready for our garage sale next weekend. I was able to get almost everything priced, and did a lot of arranging to (hopefully) more artfully display things so people will be able to see how they could use something, and want to buy more.
  • Received phone calls from all my boys. It was so good to spend a few minutes talking with each one.
  • Pizza for supper and lemon blueberry cake with fresh strawberries on top for dessert.
  • Skyped with my daughter, who lives in Guatemala. We had a good chat, and I got to see my grandson, Micah, even though he was fussing and tired. 
  • Went for a walk with Craig and Percy, our dog. It's chilly outside, but the snow and ice are gone. The frogs are croaking, the trees are budding, and the grass is getting green.
  • Heard the loons for the first time this spring. What a wonderful sound!

I am so thankful for the moms in my life -my mom, who is now in heaven with Jesus; my mother-in-law, Marcy, who lives just three miles away; my daughter-in-law Stephanie, who is a great mom to 3 of our grandchildren; and my daughter, Carrie, who is a brand new mom to our youngest grandbaby. These 4 women are incredible. I am so blessed to have them in my life. In addition, there are many other fantastic women (moms) who touch my life in many ways - coworkers, Christian friends, etc.
 Happy Mother's Day to you all!

No comments: