Monday, August 19, 2013

One more look at the kitchen

The kitchen is finished except for the floor. We couldn't be happier with the choices we made - we simply love our kitchen. Cooking and cleaning up is fun, when we're in such a beautiful place.

This weekend I started decorating with a few antiques and other items. On the right, on the top shelf, are antique film cans from my grandpa.  See the silver disk thing on the top shelf on the left?



I found it at a little antique shop in town but couldn't figure out what it was. So I asked.


The owner of the shop showed me that it's actually a serving piece. The outsides fold down, and a disk in the middle is rotated to be flat.


Perfect for serving cookies, candy, crackers, hors d'oeuvres, etc. I thought it was perfect for my kitchen. The silver complements the stainless appliances.

At the same shop I found these dark turquoise Ball jars. This picture doesn't really show how well they match the platter I already had.



I already had a couple of lighter blue Ball jars and the chicken wire basket so they went up on the shelf above the sink.


At the same little shop in town (it was a great day for me to stop there) I found the vase on the shelf below.


Here's a little bit better look at it. It has more color than it looks like in this picture, and I have a little blue bottle next to it on the shelf which matches it.



Finally, I found this candle holder when I was unpacking boxes. It really looks nice in the corner of the counter.

You probably noticed in the picture of the silver server earlier, that we got our granite counters installed on the kitchen island. We are absolutely thrilled with the granite - and feel so blessed to have this kitchen. I feel like I'm walking into a decorating magazine whenever I go in the kitchen.


It's hard with my little Sony Cyber Shot camera to get a good picture of the granite. So you may have to come for a visit and see it in person!




Craig has finished the wood trim around the window, and he added a nice window ledge. He's become quite the carpenter.

So that's our kitchen. We'll eventually finish the floor, but for now we're just going to enjoy the beauty and function of our new kitchen.

No comments: