Sunday, November 24, 2013

Give Thanks

Tonight we went to the 20th Annual Thanksgiving Ecumenical Service at the Catholic Church in town.  All of the churches here got together to give thanks for all that God has blessed us with. The Catholic priest talked about how we all believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and Saviour - that He died for our sins and rose again, victorious. He said that our differences are petty compared to what we have in common. And he charged us to go out and share Jesus with others.

I am thankful that I live in a community where the churches are working together to declare Jesus Christ to a community (a world) that needs Him desperately.

I am thankful for my family, for a job, for a beautiful home, with heat and food and clothes and more. I am thankful for friends, and health, for a mind that thinks, and hands I can use to crochet and craft and play the piano. I am thankful for so many things....

but most of all I am thankful that God loves me so much He sent His Son to die for my sins; that Jesus rose again and lives with God in heaven, interceding on my behalf at the right hand of the Father.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

It is really cool to see how the churches come together in unity. I like the priests message - sharing the Gospel is what matters most!