Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Magnetic Picture

I have two necklaces whose pendants are metal and are made to fit a magnet. I have bought many special magnets to fit in the pendants. That way I can have a necklace for lots of different outfits.

Up until yesterday I kept the magnets in a regular jewelry box. They stuck together and I was always hunting for the one I was looking for.

Last weekend I decided to make a framed board for the magnets. I had bought an old little door with glass in it several years ago. I had always thought that I was going to use it to frame a picture - but until last weekend it sat in storage in the garage. I retrieved the frame from the garage, cut a piece of sheet metal to fit inside of it, and spray painted the metal a dark grey. I actually used magnetic paint, even though it was already made of metal. Then I spray painted the frame a cream color. I found a new handle, which my husband mounted on the frame. (The frame had come with a handle, but someone has painted it and I didn't like the way it looked.) Last night we hung the frame in the bedroom, added the magnetics and hung the necklaces from the handle. I love it! It looks so pretty and I won't have to hunt for the magnets any more.