Monday, July 7, 2014

4th of July Recipes

I always like to try new recipes when we're going to have company. I worry a little that it may not turn out to be good, but there's always more food around just in case - and then Craig and I don't have to eat it all week long.
Here are two recipes I tried this weekend. They are both from taste of Home's Fast Fixes with Mixes (2012 ed.) Click on the picture for the recipe.
The first is a great 4th of July red,white and blue dessert- Hot Berries 'n' Brownie Ice Cream Cake.


I used a different sauce than the recipe called for - because I didn't have all the ingredients. I just went to the Internet and looked for a hot fruit sauce recipe. (click here).  Everyone loved it!

The second recipe is for a wild rice salad. I just made it today - and it's chilling in the refrigerator for tonight's supper, so I don't really know if it's good or not... but it sure looks good!


As usual, I was in a hurry when we were at the grocery store, and even though I had the recipe with me, I didn't read it very carefully. So I got mushrooms and artichoke hearts - but I was supposed to get marinated mushrooms and marinated artichoke hearts. So we'll see if the salad tastes like it's missing something.

How about you - did you try anything new this week?

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Both of those look delicious! How did the wild rice salad turn out?

I made some greek chicken pitas this week. They were ok - nothing fancy, but good flavor.

kris said...

The wild rice salad turned out good. Jeff said it tasted like Chipotle rice :)