Saturday, July 12, 2014

Saturday Supper

We had a special supper tonight - just to celebrate Saturday. This afternoon I found a recipe on Pinterest for Peach Cobbler. I got the ingredients out, followed the recipe to put everything in the pan, and put it in the oven. Next, I started the garlic green beans, using I recipe I had found online. We've had them once before- and they were so good, that I couldn't wait to make them again. Craig grilled some steaks, and I put together salads for us both. I also sauteed some  mushrooms and onions for Craig's steak.
 When everything was ready we sat down to eat a delicious meal while watching the end of the MN Twins game - and they won 9-3.
Here are some pictures of our special supper.


I started with a tsp of butter and a tbsp of olive oil in the pan. I added a can of portabella mushrooms, drained, and slices of onion. I sauteed them for a couple of minutes. Then I added 1/2 cup of beef broth and salt and pepper (to taste) covered the pan and let it all simmer for about 5 minutes. Then I removed the top and let the liquid cook down.

Click on the picture to get the recipe.  I added onions and bits of bacon.


Here's one of the salads. Doesn't that look yummy?


Here's Craig plate. A wonderful Saturday supper!


Peach cobbler.... I know it's not the best picture - but if you click on the picture you can get the recipe and see better pictures. We each had a piece while it was warm, and we had some vanilla ice cream on top.

Did you have a special supper recently? You don't need to have a special occasion to have a special supper.


1 comment:

Carrie said...

Yum! (well, to most of it - minus the mushrooms, haha!)