Sunday, March 11, 2007

Hockey Ends - for this season

Last night the Bethel Royals lost to St. Norbert's College 4-1 and their season comes to an end. I am sad that I was not at Green Bay to see the last game - although it sounds like Bethel did not play their best game of the year. I am sad that I have to wait until November to see Jeff play again - and that next year will be his last year at Bethel?
However, I am happy for the Bethel team, for the great successes they have experienced this year - beating St. Thomas 3 times in one year, ending the season in first place, winning the MIAC championship, beating River Falls, having such strong fan support at each game- home and away, and many other highlights. It was a great year!
I am especially tickled that the Topeka kids topped the team in points - Nick Miller, Steve Eastman, and Jeff. These three played hockey together for one year in Topeka, became great friends, and came back together after a year apart to play at Bethel. Congratulations, guys!

No comments: