Thursday, March 8, 2007

To Go or Not to Go (to the hockey game)

Jeff, and the rest of the Bethel Royals hockey team, have a game on Saturday night in Green Bay Wisconsin at St. Norbert College. I just can't decide if I want to go or not. My sister-in-law, Lynn, wants to go and has suggested that the four of us - Lynn and her husband Rick, and Craig and I - go together.
I want to go because-
  1. I've never been to a game there before
  2. Bethel has never been in the NCAA championship before so it would be exciting to go with them
  3. The only times Jeff has gotten hurt and been taken from the game by ambluance are the times when I'm not at the game. (Of course he's played lots of games when I haven't been there and he's been fine - it's just the mom in me worrying!)
  4. It would be fun to take a road trip

I don't want to go because-

  1. It's a five hour drive
  2. It would be a longer drive home if they lose
  3. Weekends are the only times I get to be with Craig. Do either of us really want to spend so much of the weekend driving?
  4. I need to work on our taxes this weekend

As I look at my lists I realize that one reason I want to go is the same reason I don't want to go. How confusing is that?

Craig and I are going to talk again tomorrow.

Stay tuned for the final decision, and the outcome of the game, in a future post.

1 comment:

Stephanie Balvin said...

You've got to go to the game!!!! No pressure! Stay in a hotel and make a weekend of it. your taxes will still be here when you get back and you have some time still to get them in. I am sad that I can't go, I am throwing a baby shower for 2 dear friends.