Friday, April 6, 2007

What's Good About Good Friday?

This is what the pastor asked at church tonight. What is good about it? Here's my answer:
God's amazing love for me, a sinner, is what's good. He loved me so much - even though I continue to sin, even though I don't trust Him like I should, even though I don't spend as much time with Him as I should, even though I am afraid and I forget His promises, etc. He still loves me so much that He sent His only Son to die on a cross for my sins. He died once - so that everyone who believes in Him does not have to die eternally. God accepted the sacrifice of His Son as payment for sin once and for all. Amazing love!!
So... how do I live from this day forward to show Him how thankful I am, how much I love Him?

As I examined myself before communion I found that I needed to confess to Him my fears - especially the fear of witnessing because I'm not sure what to say. I forget that He will give me words to speak. He will be there, speaking through me. Therefore, since repentance is more than confession, it's also about change, I am going to try to work through that fear, to trust Him to give me words as I begin conversations with others.

I can't wait to see how He will help me. It will have to be Him, because I can't do it on my own!

I am looking forward to celebrating Christ's resurrection on Sunday morning. Aren't you?

No comments: