Thursday, June 14, 2007

Noticing the little things

In my devotion this morning was this question -What is a “big thing” in your life right now? Can you take a day to let it go and refocus on what God is doing instead?
The author talked about being in a time when they we trying to sell their house, and that's all she and her husband could talk about. then she noticed her son chasing fireflies. She realized that she hadn't even seen them even though each year she looked for the fireflies as a sign that summer had come.
So I have started to think - what are the big things in my life that are so consuming me that I am missing the daily blessings from God? For the last two weeks I have been fighting a summer cold, and I know that it has robbed me of not only energy but the ability to enjoy the little gifts God gives me each day. I have also been concerned about Craig and his job, and about the bills we are trying to pay off.
Today I resolve to look for the little blessings that come my way - and to take time to thank God for them. I am going to rejoice in His creation, and rest in His care. I hope you do too!

1 comment:

Maxine said...

Kris,
Hope you feel better soon. I will say a prayer for your concerns, but glad you are resting in Him and looking to His blessings. They are wonderful. Sorry I missed your Wonderful Wednesday. It is wonderful that we have the Spirit of God to help us and comfort us.
Take care