Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Too much stuff

Lord, I am surrounded by so much stuff. All my physical needs are met, but sometimes my spirit is starving to death. Will you change my “wanter”? Help me to want you above everything else. Help me to seek you for direction, to feed my spirit on your Word and to want you more than anything else, In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

This prayer, at the end of todays' devotion from Proverbs 31 Ministries really hit me. I too am surrounded by so much stuff - and yet I "need" new clothes and a pair of nice brown shoes, and some more paper for making cards, and another book to read, etc. My needs really aren't needs. they are "wants." It's so easy to fall into the trap of thinking I need things that I don't really need.
I am going to try to make this prayer my daily prayer - help me, Lord, to want you above everything else today. Change my view, from what I think I want, to what You want for me. Help me to feed my spirit on Your word only. Help me to be thankful for what I have, and generous to those who have less. Amen

1 comment:

Maxine said...

This is a wonderful prayer, Kris. We all need to pray it.