Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Goodbyes

Last week was the last week of school for students and teachers. It was a week of hugs and tears as we said goodbye. I have to work this week and then I am done - maybe done in my district for good. So it is another week of goodbyes - goodbye to the building where I have worked for 13 years. Goodbye to friends and a job I loved coming to every day. This morning at work I watched the custodians move pallets of teachers' materials to receiving. the truck was on its way to start emptying our building. I am glad that I won't be here to watch them move stuff in for the people who will work here next year.
Yesterday I also said goodbye to my husband - he's taking a load with his semi out to Vancouver, BC. Then he's taking a load from there to Texas. He'll be gone two weeks. Another goodbye.
I am so sad - but in the midst of my sadness I am so thankful that my Heavenly Father never leaves me. I never have to say goodbye to Him. He has met all my needs - and so my sadness eases as I put my eyes not on the losses but on Him and on my blessings- my family, my home, my health, a new job for fall, etc.

No comments: