Monday, June 2, 2008

I've got a job!

I have been interviewing for two elementary school secretary jobs in another school district for the last two weeks. At the first school I knew the principal. However, I found out that the office assistant was also interviewing for the job, so I knew that I didn't really have a chance. At the second school, however, I was asked to come back for a second interview and had to go to the district office to take the secretary's test. The test lasted about 75 minutes. First I had to take a 3 minute typing test. Then there was a written test - timed (40 min.) and it contained a page of general questions, a page of name comparisons (is Foley & Co. the same as Foley & Co?), a page of spelling words - correct the words that are misspelled, and a page of math questions: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals and percentages. After the written test I had to create a half sheet flyer using the computer. This morning I had my second interview. I have felt good about this school since the first time I walked into the building. The interview went well and I went to work to await a phone call. You can imagine what it was like to hear the phone ring at work and wonder each time if it was "the call."
I didn't have to wait long. The principal called and offered me the job. After putting a call into the HR department to find out about a salary package, I called the principal back to accept the job! I am a little scared about moving to a new school in a new school district- but I'm also excited to have a new start in a new place. Thank you, God, for providing this job. Now I can relax and enjoy my summer without having to look for a job or worry about finances.

1 comment:

Maxine said...

Congratulations, Kris, and best wishes for your exciting new adventure. Now enjoy your summer.