Thursday, August 7, 2008

Goodbye Summer

I know that it's only August 7, but for me - summer is about over. My brother and his family have come and gone. Carrie is done with her summer job, and is on her trip to Guatemala. And, most importantly, I am back at work. I have workng a week at my new school. I feel like I'm pretending to be a secretary, or that Iam just there temporarily. I know that I will feel more and .more at home as time goes by. Everyone there has been really nice. I really miss my old school, but I am thankful to have a job - and I am enjoying getting to know new people, who will hopefully become good friends.
There are a few things I miss, that I really enjoyed this summer:
Sleeping in - I am really a night person by nature.
Being able to ease into the day. Now I am up at 5:15 and I have to leave the house by 6:15 so there's no time to waste.
Going for a walk or bike ride in the morning, when the air is fresh and there's the promise of the whole day in front of me.
Staying up late. There's the pressure to get to bed because of having to get up early. I love staying up late, but I suffer the next day at work if I do.
Setting my own goals/agenda for the day.
Eating lunch on my deck.

No comments: