Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My daughter is flying the coop


Now that Carrie has made it official by posting it on her blog I can share it too. After she graduates in December she is moving to Guatemala to teach at a private school. Carrie has had a heart for Guatemala ever since she studied there two years ago. She has been back twice, and a day doesn't go by that she doesn't think about being there. So it came as no surprise to me that she found a job there. Surely God has placed Guatemala in her heart.
It is hard for me to think of her being that far away, but I really want her to do what God wants. I want her to have the experience. We have talked about the fact that it is a ten month initial commitment and that 10 months is a good amount of time to try something. So we will be doing lots of planning and packing in the next few months. We need to celebrate her birthday early since she will not be here for her actual birthday. I am so happy for her, and so sad for me. My last little bird is leaving the nest, flying the coop....



No comments: