Thursday, October 30, 2008

What Are You Doing to Stay Sane?

There is a web site called The Daily Good which always has interesting thoughts for the day. Today's thought was about a 5-a- day plan for staying healthy. It first you would think that they are talking about eating your fruits and vegetables.
But this is a whole different plan, geared to your mental well-being. To read the whole article, click here.
Here are the highlights:
There are five categories of activites do every day that will help help keep you emotional healthy. Those five are: Connect, Be Active, Be Curious, Learn, and Give.
Relationships with others around you make your life better. Being active helps you to feel good and keep your body healthy. (I remember going in for my physical last fall and telling the doctor about various troubles: aches and pains, blood pressure issues, mild depression, etc. His prescription for every problem was a daily walk!) Notice the beauty around you - appreciate the little things, look for something you may have not noticed before. Learn something new - the learning brings a challenge for your brain and you receive satisfaction and self-esteem from the learning. Finally, giving to others always brings you a blessing.
I do agree with this idea. The more I incorporate these five things into my daily life, the better I feel about myself and the world around me.
Try it for yourself!

No comments: