Monday, October 27, 2008

Nights In Rodanthe



This weekend I read this book by Nicholas Sparks. I want to see the movie, but I wanted to read the book first. I really liked the book. As in all Nicholas Sparks books there's a twist at the end, but the message of the book was so good. The book illustrates how important family is, and that it takes hard work to keep a marriage alive. Mostly,I learned from the book to cherish memories but not dwell on the past or on losses; to live in and enjoy the present; and to make the most of time spent with family and friends.

I am so thankful that I am married to my best friend and my lover. Craig has always made me feel special, beautiful, cherished. Being married for 30 years has only made our love deeper. We have had to work at our marriage - to make time for each other; to find common interests; to compromise; to put the other first. I cook with onions and garlic because I know he likes it. We listen to his choice of music when we're together. It was my idea to buy the cabin - but now he loves it as much as me. The cabin has been our common interest - and endless and wonderful topic of discussion - and something we work on together. We have spaghetti because it's my favorite. He works on his truck and at his shop while I make cards. I go out to eat when he's on the road becasue I know he likes to eat at home when he's home.I can tell him anything and I know he will listen. I am looking forward to being together until God takes us home to heaven.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Let me know if it is any good!