Finally! Here's my list. (see my earlier post for more background on this)
50 Things You May Not Know About Me (in random order)
1. I play the piano. I don’t play very often anymore, but I do like to play once in a while.
2. I would like to learn how to dance – couples dances.
3. I am an introvert.
4. I have always wanted to live on Puget Sound in Washington state.
5. I want a new bike – a Raleigh Gruv – so that I can bike longer distances without getting a backache.
6. I wish I was an interior designer. I love to watch HGTV, and would like my house to be perfectly arranged and decorated.
7. I started kindergarten when I was 4 years old.
8. I have a bachelor of arts degree in Math.
9. When I was young I wanted to be a librarian when I grew up.
10. My favorite kind of pie is blueberry.
11. If I didn’t have to leave my kids, I would love to try moving to a new state.
12. I love to make cards and to scrapbook.
13. I can’t draw a straight line.
14. I can’t walk a very straight line either.
15. My favorite place to be is at our cabin.
16. My favorite Bible verse is Philippians 4:7-8
17. I absolutely love chocolates with cream fillings, but I’m not a fan of truffles.
18. I love green olives on my pizza. The best is Canadian bacon, pineapple, onion and green olive.
19. This is something my family knows about me – I love to read! (I prefer fiction to non-fiction.)
20. I am afraid of heights. It has gotten worse as I have gotten older.
21. One of my favorite childhood memories is of taking the bus downtown with my grandma to go shopping for the day.
22. My favorite vacation spot has always been Bellingham, Washington. I went there 12 times for vacations when I was growing up. I love the mountains, the ocean, taking ferry trips, etc.
23. I love to read maps.
24. I like dogs but not cats.
25. I had a canary for a pet when I was growing up.
26. I love working on the computer. I would like to take classes to learn more about creating websites, working with photoshop, etc.
27. When I was in college I had to have surgery on my feet because of plantar warts. The doctor told me he stopped counting them at 200. Yuck!
28. I never was asked to be a bridesmaid.
29. Whenever I went to one of my brother’s little league baseball games I had a frozen milkshake candy bar.
30. My favorite Sunday School teacher was Wanda Franczak, in 6th grade. She encouraged me to memorize scripture, and gave me a charm bracelet at the end of the year. I still have the charms, but now they’re on a charm necklace.
31. I sang in the Augsburg College choir, and in the University of MN chorus when I was in college.
32. I am a night owl.
33. I love jigsaw puzzles, although it’s been over a year since I’ve done one.
34. I also love logic puzzles.
35. I like having a clean house, but I don’t like to clean.
36. I accepted Jesus as my Savior when I was five, in my bedroom with my mom.
37. I was baptized on Easter Sunday when I was in sixth grade. Let’s see, that would have been in 1969. I wonder what the date was for Easter that year?
38. Easter Sunday in 1969 was on April 6. I should have been a reference librarian. I like trying to find the answers to things.
39. I like to watch people. One of the best places for that is at the State Fair. My dad is the one who taught me to enjoy observing the world around me.
40. I like to watch sports – and I think that’s because my dad and my brother always watched them. My dad answered all my questions about what was going on, and explained the games to me. This was good training as I ended up having three boys of my own who are all into sports. My daughter also tried several sports as she was growing up, and I like to think I was a good cheerleader for all my kids.
41. My favorite sport to watch is probably hockey, with football being a close second.
42. I am not the most confident person. When I was growing up my mom would say to me, Try, don’t cry.”
43. I think I would have liked being a carpenter, if I could have drawn a straight line. I love using power tools, especially a compound mitre saw.
44. I love pasta!
45. I am terrible at listening to a song and being able to identify the singer.
46. When I was growing up I went through a stage where I wrote poetry. Then there was the stage where I tried my hand at drawing with special artist chalk.
47. When I was in 9th grade I helped develop a pre-school Sunday School program at my church.
48. When I was the children’s director at Maple Grove Assembly of God church I wrote a Vacation Bible School curriculum for three years.
49. I love diet cherry coke and cherry coke zero.
50. I was a candy striper at St. Barnabas Hospital when I was in junior high.
You must like to read too, if you made it all the way to the end of the list!