Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Wild Goose Chase

I have just begun to read Wild Goose Chase by Mark Batterson. Already I am challenged to examine my own life as he calls me to look for my own spiritual adventure. Mark Batterson starts the book by talking about a name the Celtic Christians had for the Holy Spirit - An Geadh-Glas which means "The Wild Goose." So his book is about pursuing the Spirit's leading in your life, and he compares it to chasing the Wild Goose, going by paths you never knew existed, a great adventure. Mark says that he believes that you don't really start living until you have something worth dying for. God gives us passions worth dying for. So what are my God-ordained passions? What are your God-ordained passions?
Batterson says that to identify your God-ordained passions you need to identify what makes you sad, glad or mad. It is the thing that gives you Wild Goose bumps. I am going to be looking in my own life for these God-ordained passions. How about you?

No comments: