Monday, January 12, 2009

Great New Recipe - Italian Hamburgers


Last week a blogging friend of mine wrote about making a nutritious meal of hot dogs and spaghetti. She inspired me to try a new recipe I had just seen in my new copy of Cooking for 2 - called Italian Hamburgers. So I cooked it for supper when we were at our cabin over the weekend, and it was absolutely delicious. I used Ragu spaghetti sauce instead of the tomato sauce and seasonings in the recipe, and I served the hamburgers over whole wheat spaghetti noodles. We had french bread with it. A lettuce salad would have completed the meal, but we didn't have any lettuce.
I highly recommend this recipe. The hamburgers were so moist and flavorful. It was good comfort food.
Thanks, Maxine, for your post about spaghetti to encourage me!

2 comments:

Maxine said...

Kris, this looks WONDERFUL! Most certainly I want to try this. We all love burgersand hopefully it will be just as good with ground turkey!

kris said...

I think it would be just as good with ground turkey. Enjoy!