Monday, March 16, 2009

Updates

I realized today that I haven't posted a blog in quite a while, and y'all (as my Texan cousins would say) might be wonderin' just what's goin' on.
So-
God has been merciful to us. Thank you, God! Craig's mom is back home and doing very well. She's already driving again, and is thinking of going back to work this coming weekend. The doctors have declared her a cancer survivor. There was no lymph node involvement and they feel the cancer was contained in the tumor they removed.
My dad is back home in his apartment. He is scheduled to have surgery on March 25 to remove the cancerous lump in his outer ear. He is doing well otherwise - with a bit of help from me. I am now going over each week to fill his medicine tray for the week. It's good to see him back in his place, going out each evening to the common room to play rummikub and skipbo with his frineds in the building.
I having been watching job postings to see if something will come up that I should apply for, but otherwise I am just continuing to work at school until I get laid off at the end of June. I have such peace right now about that situation - it amazes me sometimes. But I know where that peace comes from - it's the peace that passes understanding that God promises to those who give their worries to Him. (Phil. 4:6-7) I hope you can experience that peace too!

3 comments:

Stephanie Balvin said...

Its so good to hear the peacefulness that you are feeling. I am praying for you all and I hope you know that we will help with anything we can, whenever you need it!

kris said...

Thanks, Stephanie! You are in my prayers too.

Maxine said...

Thanks for the update. I'm a little late getting it, but glad to hear things are as well as they are. I know the Lord is giving you that peace.