Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The sweetest sound

The sweetest sound in all the world is a telephone call from someone in my family. I love talking to each of them. My children call me about once every couple of weeks. I talk to my husband at least twice a day. But I had a great phone call last night. I answered the phone and heard, "Hi Nana." It was my granddaughter, Izzy, calling just to talk. She had just taken a shower and had her jammies on. I asked her about preschool and she told me about all the friends she had made there. Then she asked me, "Nana, is a spider and insect?" I said yes, and she said, "No, Nana a spider is not an insect. Insects have 6 legs and a spdier has 8." Then she asked, "Nana, do you know what and Inuit is?" To which I replied, "No, what is it?" She answered, "An Inuit is an Eskimo. Nana, do you know what the seasons are?" I was sure I knew the answer to this one.
"Spring, Summer..." "No, Nana. The seasons are Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer."
My granddaughter is amazing. I told her that I didn't like it that winter was coming. She told me that she likes winter because she can go outside and play in the snow and build snow forts and throw snowballs. And in winter you can ice skate.She also likes winter because her birthday is in December. We had a great time talking.
Later my daughter-in-law got on the phone and said that Izzy hadn't used up her daily quota of words yet, so she wanted to call me.
After talking to her, my grandsons wanted their turn so first I talked to Andrew and then to Jake. The sweetest sound in the world is having someone (especially your grandchildren and children) say "I love you!"

1 comment:

Maxine said...

Oh, the beautiful sound of hearing the words "Hi Nana" on the phone! Isn't it wonderful? What a nice conversation you had with her! I enjoyed reading it!

Hope all is well with you. I haven't been getting around to all my blog friends as I used to. I invite you over to my place to take part in something special that some of us are doing.