Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My Beautiful Daughter

My daughter, Carrie, left today for Guatemala.
This is her second year as a teacher in an English Immersion School there, and will be gone for about 11 months. I am going to miss her so much.

Carrie has been home since the Friday before Thanksgiving. We had the best times together- shopping, watching movies, scrapbooking, baking, talking, just being together. I consider her to be my very best friend. I am so thankful that we had this time together.

I am so very proud of Carrie. She has had a love in her heart for Guatemala for several years now, and she is so courageous to move to another country, learn the language, and make relationships there. She is trusting God to take care of her, and to show her the path that He has for her life. I know it was hard for her to leave this time, but I also know that she will have a good year in Guatemala.

Carrie, I love you so much! Seize the day, every moment, to live the life that God is calling you to live. Cherish your memories of your time here at home, but enjoy today, each day. Don't look back. This Bible verse is for you today:
Zephaniah 3:17
"The Lord your God is with you,
He is mighty to save.
He takes great delight in you.
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing."

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Thank you Mom! I look up to you more than you know. You are my very best friend too!