Sunday, December 6, 2009

Silent Night, Holy Night

This morning we listened to Moody Church and Pastor Lutzer talked about the manger, and how Jesus came quietly into this world. Noone (other than His parents) celebrated His birth.
I thought about how the world celebrates Christmas and wonder - would Jesus be happy with how we celebrate His birthday now? Do we really celebrate His birth, or has it just become a huge retail opportunity?
Somehow, this Chrsitmas, I want to spend time with my family celebrating God's great gift of love in giving His Son. I want to make sure that we don't get swallowed up in the retail holiday. Does it mean that I won't give gifts? No, I am going to give gifts - but I want my children and grandchildren to know that the gifts I give are because of the gift God gave us through the birth, death and resurrection of His Son, and because of the gifts God continues to give us - health, family, love, jobs, etc.

No comments: