Thursday, March 11, 2010

It's a Great Day to be a Duck

Remember the saying, "April showers bring May flowers"? Here it is, the second week in March and it's raining. In Minnesota. Usually during March Madness (high school winter sports playoff weeks - for those of you outside MN) we get snow and more snow. But so far this March all we've had is rain, wind, and fog. What's up with that? Now don't get me wrong. I don't really want snow. In fact, the rain is helping to quickly melt the dirty snow. But after a week of cloudy, gloomy wet weather I am ready do be done with it. I am not a duck.

It's probably a good thing that I live here and not in Seattle, where it rains much more. But then if I lived in Seattle I could see the mountains, and the ocean, and...... "the bluest skies you've ever seen are in Seattle." (I think the gray skies are affecting me more than I thought.)

The question is, if it is raining now in March instead of in April, what will April be like? Quack.

No comments: