Monday, March 29, 2010

A New Week and a New Attitude

I have been dreading this week because it is Spring Break week - and I have to work. I have been feeling sorry for myself, and I did not want to work and be alone all week at school. But two things have happened that are changing my attitude.
1) We went to church yesterday. The pastor was talking about the 10 commandments. The last commandment talks about not coveting what your neighbor has. The pastor then said that one of the ways to keep this commandment is to focus on what you have, rather than on what you don't have. So today I am thankful that I have a job, and that it's a job I like to do.
2) This morning in my devotions I read 1 Thess. 5:16-18:
16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
It is God's will that I give thanks in all circumstances. There are many other verses that reinforce this thought. Give thanks in all things.

So, this morning I will be thankful - for my job, my home, my family, my health, my life.... today I will be thankful to the Most High God, my Everlasting Rock, my Father, my Saviour - I will give thanks to Him in all things.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Good thinking!

Stephanie Balvin said...

I like it! I also like to take these situations and pamper myself (I tell myself I earned it) ;) Get a pedicure or lunch out! :)