Tuesday, July 27, 2010

How Time Flies

Does it seem to you like summer is going by way too fast? I can't believe that it's the last week of July. It seems like just yesterday was the last day of school. I wondered how I was going to make it through the summer working full time. I was planning for company - my daughter and her boyfriend were going to visit, and later in the summer my brother and his family were coming. All of a sudden it's the end of July, I have good memories of Carrie's visit, and my brother and his family are sleeping in the guest bedrooms. At this rate it will be state fair time "tomorrow" and the kids will be going back to school. I am trying to enjoy and appreciate each day.
Craig and I sat out on our deck last night and just enjoyed the evening. We looked at our yard and appreciated its beauty. It was a perfect summer evening and we just couldn't go inside. Winters are just too long - we wanted to savour the night, let it seep into our pores, store it up so that we can pull it out when the wind is howling and the ground is covered with snow.
So this week and next I am going to store up memories - enjoy every minute of the days while Mark and his family are here, and every moment of the rest of the summer.

No comments: