Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Getting Serious

Today I was reading a blog at (In)courage and the author was talking about fitness and friends. Apparently she has started on a quest for fitness and lots of ladies joined her online. They committed to 30 days of healthy living. She shared this Bible verse and I love it.

Hebrew 12:11 reminds us that “No discipline is pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it."

I am encouraged by the fact that there are lots of women around the world who are struggling with the same things I struggle with. Are you struggling to lose weight? We can help each other!

I am going to memorize this verse and be encouraged that even if I don't lose very much weight, I am taking care of my body, which is a temple of the Holy Spirit. If I enter into this discipline of eating right and exercising with the right motives - to take better care of myself - it will produce a harvest of righteousness and peace.

Be encouraged by the Word of God today - and by the fact that you are not alone. We can do this together!

No comments: