Friday, October 22, 2010

Diet Update

It's been a month since I started my diet plan - actually more of a healthy living plan and time to evaluate. I've lost 8 pounds! I think I'm on my way to creating healthy habits.
Here's what has been working so far:
I eat pretty much the same breakfast every day, which is a bagel thin with Laughing Cow cheese on it, and a cup of coffee. Mid-morning, during my coffee break I often have a piece of fruit.
I try to eat healthy for lunch and supper, limiting fat and calories, and including fruit and veggies. After supper I'm done eating for the night.
I purchased a set of walking sticks, and have been trying to walk for 30 minutes or more as many days as possible.
I drink a lot of water every day. I've limited my pop to weekends, and then only one can of diet pop per weekend day.
I do still go out for meals occasionally- I just try to make wise choices. I also cook meals for Craig on the weekends and eat with him. I just try to eat less.
I've had enough success to keep me going - on to month two!

1 comment:

Miss Carrie said...

WAY TO GO!!! 8 pounds in a month is excellent success. I am so proud of you Mom. Get ready to go shopping when I get home! :)