Monday, March 14, 2011

God's Thoughts

In my devotions this morning I read about Job - and how he talked with God in Job 42 - and he realized that even if God never reveals the answers to Job's questions it's okay - God is so much bigger than we can ever hope to understand.

Then I worked on my next Bible verse - Joshua 1:8, which says,
"This book of instruction must not depart from your mouth; you are to recite it day and night, so that you may carefully observe everything written in it. For then you will prosper and succeed in whatver you do."

While I can not fully know or comprehend God's thoughts, I can learn to think more as He thinks by meditating on His Word. He tells me in Romans 12:2 that I am transformed by the renewing of my mind. So as I meditate on His Word, He transforms me - and I become more successful in the things He wants me to do.
His Word, with the Holy Spirit as my teacher, helps me to think more like He thinks. But that can only happen if I hide His Word in my heart and meditate on His Word day and night.
How are you doing at hiding His Word in your heart?
_______________________________________________________________
50. holding hands
51. Seeing Craig's happiness as he works on his model trains (and model trucks)
52. getting a great deal on airline tickets
53. going to a job that I love
54. having a boss that treats me like a friend and a valued employee
55. a phone call from a co-worker who said, "thanks for your help!"

No comments: