Thursday, April 7, 2011

ABCs I Adore

My daughter, Carrie, has started a weekly post about ABCs in her life, so I am joining her. It's fun to take some time to think about the things I like in my life. You can read my A, B, and C things here. Now it's time for D, E and F.

So, here I go.............................

Since Carrie already talked about DIY projects (which I love doing with her!) I will have to list these very special D's: my Dad, my Daughter, my Daughter-in-law, and my Dog, Percy.
I've also always wanted to learn how to dance, but haven't taken any lessons - yet. (Maybe that's why I like the movie, Shall We Dance?)

Percy at his "post" - watching the driveway at the cabin.
 Egg salad is one of my favorite kinds of sandwiches. And lately I've been making Egg sandwiches that have been fantastic. You might ask, what's the difference? Egg salad is made by cutting (or mashing) hard boiled eggs, mixing it with mayo and/or onion and celery, throw in just a pinch of pickle relish, sprinkle with salt and pepper and maybe even a dash of mustard. Then spread on a piece of bread or a bun, add another piece on top, and enjoy. An egg sandwich can be made two ways - fry an egg, toast the bread and butter it, and put the egg on the toast. Or, hard boil an egg. Put mayo and lettuce on the bread (I've been using Deli thin sandwch bread) and slice the egg on top of the lettuce. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and eat.

Actually, I should just say that E is for Eggs. I like eggs fixed almost any way - in sandwiches, fried with hash browns, deviled eggs, Easter Eggs, etc.

That leaves me with F. I think I'll stay in the food category and say fries - I love McDonald's french fries. They're not the healthiest things to eat, but they sure taste good.
When Carrie and I were at Trader Joe's a while back we picked up some sweet potato fries. They are really good - and maybe a little bit better for me?

 What are the ABCs you adore?

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Yum - French Fries!