Friday, April 1, 2011

April Showers Bring ....

Today is the first day of April 2011. And just as the saying goes,
"April showers bring May flowers."
It is raining this morning. I hope the rain will wash away the rest of the snow and winter dirt. I hope that we will have flowers blooming by May.


At my house April showers are also bringing a May wedding. This Sunday there will be a wedding shower at my house, hosted by my wonderful daughter-in-law, Stephanie, and the shower is for my daughter, Carrie.


Carrie and Mardo will be getting married in May down in Antigua, Guatemala. Our whole family (except for our grandchildren) will be flying down to Guatemala for the wedding. I am so excited for Carrie and Mardo, to be starting this new chapter of their lives. I am also excited to be taking this "vacation" with all of my kids. We haven't done that in a long time.


April will also bring a few showers of tears. Carrie will fly down to Guatemala in two and a half weeks to finish wedding preparations. She and Mardo will be deciding on a place to live. This time when I take her to the airport I do not know when she will be coming back. It's much more permanent. I know that there will be some tears, but I am so thankful that I can trust God to continue to take care of her. I know that He is guiding her and Mardo, that they trust in Him. And He is worthy of our trust and our praise. So we will cry tears of sadness, and tears of happiness, and know that God keeps track of our tears (Psalm 56:8) and understands.

No comments: