Friday, April 15, 2011

Five Minute Friday

On Distance.....
As I prepare to say goodbye to my daughter, who is moving to Guatemala next week, I realize that though we may physically be miles apart we will always be close because of love.

Today I picked up the phone and called her just as she was lifting the receiver to call me. This afternoon she called my cell phone just as I was getting into my contacts to call her. We hold each other close in our hearts.

Modern technology makes it easier to connect. We can call the landline, or use our cell phones. We can see each other as we talk if we use skype. There's always something special about getting a card, letter, or package in the mail. And when we pray for each other we are together in Christ.

She may be moving far away, but she will always be close to me because of our love for one another.

Some people feel alone even in a group of people because they feel that no one cares about them. They feel distanced from those around them. Love is the bridge that closes the gap and makes the distance melt away.

I am so thankful for the love of my whole family. Even when we're apart there's no distance between us.



4 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Love is definitely the bridge that brings us all together...but you're also right that technology makes it easier!

Carrie said...

Awesome post - I was thinking the same thing, how love bridges the distances!

Unknown said...

Coming over from 5 Minute Fridays and so glad I did! What a beautiful post. I feel this exact same way about me and my mom's relationship. 2 years ago they moved several states away to be missionaries in Mexico. Even though there is physical distance between us, we are close in love:)

Caitlin said...

Thank you for leaving your love on my 5 minute fridays post! I can easily see how strong the Lord's love is in your heart. Thank you for the encouragement, and I will say some prayers for your family! Your words are so true - "though we may physically be miles apart we will always be close because of love." Amen. Blessings! <3:)