Monday, September 5, 2011

Fall is in the air

Craig and I are spending our 14th Labor Day Weekend at the cabin. Wow! The cabin is our place to go for rest, to recharge our batteries, to spend quality time together, and to enjoy God's beautiful creation. I love the view of the lake from our windows just as much now as I did 14 years ago. There is a magic here that I have not found anywhere else.
We have had a wonderful weekend. Fall is definitely in the air. The air is cooler and crisper this weekend. The flies are gone, and the mosquitos are on their way out too. A few leaves have begun to change colors. It is a perfect time for bonfires, for working outside on some landscaping, and for doing some painting/staining inside.
We went to Emily Wesleyan Church yesterday and it was a wonderful time of worship and fellowship. We have begun to make many friends there, and it feels like home.
Craig and I have had great times of morning devotions together this weekend as well.
I feel rested and ready for the crazy week ahead - the first week of school. I will carry with me the memories of this weekend, and will be able to draw on the peace that I found here when life is not peaceful during the week.

Where do you go to recharge your batteries, to meet with God, and to find peace and rest for your body and your soul?

No comments: