Saturday, October 15, 2011

Card Class

Every month I go to Technique Tuesday - a card making class at the home of this Stampin' Up Demonstrator: http://stampinwithj.blogspot.com/
This month we learned two new techniques - how to do the wash on the side of this card:


We used a daubber, an ink pad, and a piece of scratch paper. We ripped the edge of the scrap paper, and then laid in on top of our cardstock. We dipped the daubber in the ink and drew it across the paper, starting on the scratch paper and going over the cardstock. (Sorry I don't have pictures of that!) This Thanksgiving card is one I made after I got home from class, using this technique. The leaves are stamped on after coloring that whole side using the daubber technique.

The second technique we learned was cutting the card like this one: We made slits on each side using a paper cutter but start and stopping in the middle of the page.  Then we used the new scoring pad to make the folds, according the the pattern Jan gave us. It looks complicated, but was really quite easy. The snowman was colored using Stampin' Up's Aqua Painter and ink pads.

 Then last week I had some time in my own craft room to create these Halloween cards.


The cat with the hat on has dimensionals underneath to make him pop off the page a bit.

Now that fall is here, and the days are shorter and cooler, I will have more time for stamping. I don't need to spend the evenings working on the yard and gardens. I can't wait!

No comments: