Monday, February 25, 2013

Holy Scrap, part 2

At the scrap booking retreat I was at last weekend, we had 3 challenges in addition to working on our own scrapbooks. The challenges were:
  1. Create a page and use baker's twine somewhere on the page.
  2. Since this was the 10th anniversary of Holy Scrap, we needed to create a page with exactly 10 elements.
  3. Pick a black and white picture from a pile, and create a page and story using the picture. Pretend that the person/people in the picture is someone you know.
The challenges were spread out throughout the weekend. Participation was not mandatory, but those who did had their names put in a bag and three were drawn to win prizes.

Here are my three challenge pages:

  I used the baker's twine to "hang"  the pendants on this page.

My 10 elements were: sticker letters, black paper, purple paper, 2 pictures, a journaling die cut, 2 snowflakes and 2 puff balls for the snowflake centers.

 I chose this picture of a boy playing a trumpet and his mom playing the piano.

I think everyone had the most fun with this third challenge, having fun and laughing at all the stories made up about the pictures. 

Here are some of the pages I finished this weekend  for my cabin scrapbook:

(The owls were made with a Stampin' Up punch.)

(The banners and the flower-shaped picture were cut out with Stampin' Up die cuts)

(The leaves were made with a die cut from Sizzix)

(I used a 2" circle punch from Marvy)

I'm still a couple of years behind in my scrapbook - but I'm 18 pages closer to being caught up. My first scrap booking retreat was wonderful.




1 comment:

Carrie said...

Your pages are beautiful! I love the way you incorporated the baker's twine, so cute!