Sunday, February 24, 2013

Holy Scrap Weekend

This weekend I went to my first scrap booking retreat. I have been scrap booking for many years, but since Craig was only home on the weekends, I was never able to go to a retreat.
Holy Scrap is a weekend retreat organized by a couple of women in northern MN, and they just happen to work with me. I am so glad that they invited me - and so thankful to God for this weekend. It was awesome!

When we arrived Friday night at Miracle Bible Camp, the room was all set up for us.  Each woman was assigned her own table.There was a special goodie bag, a piece of special paper and some die cut flowers, and a t-shirt waiting for each of us.



The t-shirt said, "Holy Scrap" on the front and has Psalm 102:18 on the back:

Let this be written for a future generation,
    that a people not yet created may praise the Lord

I knew right then that it was going to be a great weekend. In addition to scrap booking, we also had three make-and-takes, three page challenges, time for snowshoeing, and time to get to know one another.

The three make-and-takes were:

A mini album made out of cardboard coasters



A card made from Stampin' Up die cuts


and coasters made out of ceramic tiles, paper, and Mod Podge.


Each time we came back to the work room there was some kind of treat waiting for each of us at our work station - almost like there was a scrap booking fairy there - a piece of paper, an embellishment, ribbon...even a cloth bracelet with the same Bible verse on it. It was so much fun.

Those of us who were there for the first time each got a flannel scarf.


This was the 10th anniversary for Holy Scrap, so Saturday night we had carrot cake cupcakes with candles in them. We took group pictures, shared ideas and supplies, had meals and devotions together, and worked on creating scrapbooks that would tell our stories, showcase our pictures, and save our memories.

I want to thank the ladies who organized the weekend, planned the events, bought the gifts, and made this a weekend to remember.

In my next blog I'll share some of the pages I made- I was able to finish 18 pages this weekend!


1 comment:

Carrie said...

What a fun weekend, I loved reading this. I had no clue it was so organized and cute. I wish I could have gone too! I can't wait to see your pages :)